[LAU] audio and video straming

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:16:34 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 08:04:30 AM Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Out of curiosity, to expand on this slightly, what are people using that is
> GStreamer compatible?  I have a BlackMagic Studio card that is going to be
> accepting HD-SDI and I can purchase the driver for it, but the interface is
> GStreamer compatible only is my understanding (Not a standard V4L or V4L2
> interface) so I am curious if anyone has done similar.

Assuming you mean the "Decklink Studio Card", the drivers are free. Anything can
interface with it that uses their API.

I use a DeckLink HD Extreme 3D for streaming quite a bit.

decklink-ffmpeg ----(pipe)----> ffmpeg h264/aac+/flv encoder ----(rtmp push)----> CDN  ----(rtmp pull)----> Web Browser w/ flash

-Reuben