[LAU] csound help

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Mar 23 14:13:43 UTC 2012

Hi Rustom1
   I suppose for the purpose of a simple sound, the sine wave is quite fine. So
your instrument might look something like this:
instr 1
   iamp = 15000
   iftable = 1
   aout oscil iamp, p4, iftable
   out aout
endin
   For a stereo instrument use outs like this:
outs aout, aout
   You can simply calculate the pitch in Hertz and call the instrument like
this in the score:
i1 0 2 440
i1 2 2 494
;...
   There already are some opcodes for micro-tonal scales. Take a look at the
cpstmid, cpstun, cpstuni, cpsxpch. You should find easy examples in the manual
accompanying the explanations.
   One note about the instrument I've written up there: p? means the argument
to the istrument in the score, it's like shellscript variable $1, $2,... the
first three parameters are always assigned to constant things: p1 number of
the instrument "instr 1", p2 start-time of the note, p3 length of the note
(both in seconds, can be any floatingpointnumber). From p4 onwards you can
dedicate parameters to whatever you wish.
   I hope this helps.
   Warm regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;