[LAU] More stuff from the vaults, PHASEX and AMS insanity

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Tue Mar 27 04:08:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:51:57AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Ken!
>   Hm, Ican't say, I dislike it. It's a little strange, but I've heard
> much worse for the ears. Somehow, this is still rather pleasant. I had
> the mad image of a few painters sitting in their studio after work,
> having a drink or five and listening to this. :-) I an't say, if this is
> a praise for painters or an insult. :-) It's almost prog or fusion in my
> ears. It won't be something I can listen to everyday, but certainly
> something for the right time, which happens more often than one can
> imagine. :-)
>   Thanks for sharing this!
>   Warm regards
>              Julien

Glad you enjoyed it! Please note I just uplodaed a final mix that I found (in a different directory, *sigh*), made a few weeks later, which is MUCH improved, so please download the new version and discard the old.

Interesting that you say it reminded you of painters. The bass player in that band was Florian Simon, an accomplished fine artist from Nuremberg:
http://www.flo-simon.com/

His work is rather brilliant, I think. He was a lot of fun to jam with and perform with too.

-ken