[LAU] More stuff from the vaults, PHASEX and AMS insanity

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:11:00 UTC 2012

2012/3/26 Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org>

> This one is from the end of 2008; it is an outtake from a "Me And My
> Cronies" CD.
>
> It heavily features PHASEX in the beginning and middle, and AMS towards
> the end.
>
> It is highly experimental noisy dissonant electronic jazz.
>
> http://storage.restivo.org/music/Cronies/Not_OK_Computer.ogg
>
> And it's 14 minutes long.
>
> Jeeebus.... what were we thinking?
>
> This might be a good track to clear out a party at the end of the night,
> when you really wish everyone would go home.
>
> I made it to about 3 minutes in, then I just couldn't take it anymore.
>
> -ken

I Like it, Ken, mostly because I also like to mess around and jam and
experiment a lot with others, even I'm prone to improvise myself and build
let's say "songs" with some apps, FX and instruments on the go.

Would love to know the patches you used.

And, BTW, I suppose it was recorded in a rehearsal space but it sounds good
and it seems you have separated tracks and then mixed it. Do you have
microphones installed on your rehearsal? Maybe some Zoom H4 or alike?

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux