[LAU] First for Linux

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Wed Mar 28 12:49:38 UTC 2012

onsdagen den 28 mars 2012 09.55.20 skrev  Dan MacDonald:
> ???

???

> > another new sign that shows that the Linux desktop user is becoming more
> > and
> > more interesting for commercial vendors. :-)
>
> What is this sign that the Linux desktop is becoming more interesting to
> commercial vendors? Mixbus?

If I stick to the music related stuff, wich is a very small world in numbers
when we talk IT, this is some of the one that has started doing music software
for Linux the last years:

  Invada, LinuxDsp, Loomer, Indamixx, Pianoteq, Guitar Pro,
  Transcribe!, MuSing, energyXT, Renoise, UltraMixer and
  TrueFire (video player for guitar training)

Most of this vendors/products was not in the Linux Music lanscape until
recently. For me that has been using Linux sice the mid 90's, this is a huge
improvements, and i believe that this list will expand a lot more the upcoming
years.

Jostein