[LAU] Ubuntu Studio

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Mar 28 13:03:22 UTC 2012

   I've been taking a closer look at the upcoming Ubuntu Studio release,
scheduled for release the last week of April.  I've been downloading the
daily build about once a week and giving it a try...

   For the first time, Ubuntu Studio is building a Live DVD, which makes
these sneak peeks painless, and yesterday, I experienced a first for ANY
Live Audio-oriented distro:
   The March 27th daily build booted cleanly on my AMD64 laptop, and I was
able to launch qjackctl, select the firewire driver, start jack, Launch
Ardour, and record two tracks of audio for 25 minutes, all by accepting
all defaults, and without a single xrun!

   Finally, FFADO/jack/Ardour have reached the status of 'it just works!'
on UbuntuStudio 12.04

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009