[LAU] What Focusright firewire interfaces are fully working and currently available?

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Thu May 3 22:29:29 UTC 2012

On 04/05/12 06:17, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 09:51 PM, drew Roberts wrote:
>>
>> This device is NOT supported in 2.0. It will be included in the 2.x
>> release that introduces DICE support. This will most likely be version
>> 2.1.
>
> I don't think there is any major distro that still ships with FFADO 2.0,
> most of them use an svn checkout with DICE support. But my memory is
> rusty here, I didn't really keep up with FFADO developments.

Your memory's spot-on here -- I use more recent versions of Ubuntu, and
it's definitely worked out-of-the-box for me for some time (I think
since 10.10).

I also recommend the PRO 40 -- it works well, it sounds great, and it's
ridiculous value for money.

I did once use the Windows software to make some mixer adjustments, but
that was just because I wanted to set up something specific; it worked
fine before that. If the mixer tools have improved since then, then I
could probably do the same thing today without Windows.

Thanks
Leigh