[LAU] alias noise with gstreamer

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Sun May 6 14:35:27 UTC 2012

Hi

I've been using Transcribe! for ages, but are having problems with the
latest version on my arch linux laptop (it *used* to work, not sure if
something got updated, or this install is different). Older versions
work fine.

The trouble is that transcribe adds heavy amounts alias noise to the
signal. I mailed the developer, and he said he think it might have
something to do with the fact that recent versions is using gstreamer
for audio.

I don't know *exactly* what gstreamer is...

1) What other application can I use to playback (in 44100, that's the
forced ar in transcribe) and output to gstreamer for testing purposes?

2) Any idea how I can make the resampling (I imagine that what's going
on) sound better?

Thanks in advance for any input!
--
Atte