[LAU] getting better performance on arch/kernel 3.3.4

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Thu May 10 23:14:54 UTC 2012

Hi

This has been bothering me for a while, and trying to catch up on the
rtirq thread, I thought I'd ask here:

I'm running arch, and I used to be quite happy with the performance with
the stock arch kernel. But something happened around 3.1 (or so). Now I
get xruns every once in a while, even with conservative buffer settings.
It used to work just fine with both alsa and through jack, and now the
problem is both places, which leads me to believe that's it's got
nothing to do with my jack settings (but I might be wrong).

Before I cat my whole box here, maybe someone had a similar experience
and knows a solution. Or could extract the conclusion from the rtirq
thread, the information in there seems overwhelming.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk