[LAU] Mixer4 "mastering update" ready

Grekim grekimj at acousticrefuge.com
Sat May 12 20:57:25 UTC 2012

A new update of Mixer4 is out:

www.acousticrefuge.com/mixer4.htm

Coding has continued at a fast pace and has brought the collection of
features to a level where I plan to slow down on coding for awhile...or
until an irresistable idea strikes :)  I would like to focus my time on
helping new users.

The new features have mastering in mind.  16 bit dithered .wav file
output is now supported instead of just 24 bit.   There is now an
average RMS output, a zero attack limiter, a more traditional RMS
sensing compressor with adjustable RMS window, high and low shelving
EQ's, and ability to trim mix file start and endings.

Other work includes:

Peak outputs saved for each channel
Automatic backup of mix settings and statistics with the name of the mix
attached.
Added makeup gain stage after effects processing
Volume ramps automatically adjusted to song length if too long.
Bug fix on master trim function if used out of range
Bug fix on least significant bit of output file.
Updated the Fader Generator utility to setup all current effects commands.
Better quick start guide

Best to all,
Grekim