[LAU] USB on ThinkPad T520

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Sun May 13 09:06:25 UTC 2012

plutek wrote:
> 00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Cougar Point USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
> 00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation Cougar Point USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)

As Karsten said, these controllers use a different driver.
But in theory, this shouldn't have much of a difference regarding latency.

There have been fixes recently.  Try updating the kernel.

>  16:      18305          0          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   mmc0, ehci_hcd:usb1, mei
>  23:   60179021          0          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   ehci_hcd:usb2

Okay, I can guess which one the audio device is connected to ...

> 0d:00.3 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd FireWire Host Controller (rev 04)
>  41:        573          0          0          0   PCI-MSI-edge      firewire_ohci

The Ricoh controller doesn't work with MSI.  If you ever want to use it,
you must update the kernel.

Regards,
Clemens