[LAU] Mission Statement

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sun May 13 11:21:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Mike Mazarick <mazarick at bellsouth.net>wrote:

> Linux audio is at a critical juncture that is similar to a band which has
> been together for several years that has written great songs but hasn't had
> a 'hit' yet.

In my opinion, Linux audio is a hit. 5 years ago I finished secondary
school and decided to try learn "audio programming". I'd already dabbled
with C++ and Python for  a year or so. The reason that I'm where I am now
w.r.t. audio coding is due to the open, helpful and sharing attributes of
the LAD / LAU communities.

Perhaps when comparing Linux audio to other OS's on commercial aspects
things look skewed: but you've already discounted one fantastic aspect of
Linux audio, and that can't be said for proprietary land where the best
features are the most gaurded.

-Harry