[LAU] [LAD] First release of jack_export

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun May 13 14:00:22 UTC 2012

On Sun, 13 May 2012, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Also, jack_export will ceate a proper WAVEX file (standard WAV must
> not be used for > 2 channels) or CAF, or Ambisonic WAVEX, and provide
> different output formats and optional dithering.

   I'm still a bit confused.  When I do a normal export in Ardour, I get
the mixed 'master' track as output.  You're saying that jack_export will
produce a multitrack WAVEX file of the component tracks, not the mix on
the export bus?
   If its recording the component tracks, are they raw, or after the
application of any plugins and gain automation?

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009