[LAU] [LAD] First release of jack_export

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun May 13 15:16:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:00:22AM -0400, Rick Green wrote:
> On Sun, 13 May 2012, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>

>> Also, jack_export will ceate a proper WAVEX file (standard WAV must
>> not be used for > 2 channels) or CAF, or Ambisonic WAVEX, and provide
>> different output formats and optional dithering.
>>
>   I'm still a bit confused.  When I do a normal export in Ardour, I get
> the mixed 'master' track as output.  You're saying that jack_export will
> produce a multitrack WAVEX file of the component tracks, not the mix on
> the export bus?
>   If its recording the component tracks, are they raw, or after the
> application of any plugins and gain automation?

If you have an Ardour bus called 'export' then jack_export will connect
to it.

If not, you can connect whatever you want to record manually, this can
be the outputs of individual track strips, sends, whatever, including
outputs from other Jack apps.

Recording starts when Jack enters freewheeling mode, and stops when
it returns to normal operation.

Ciao,

--
FA