[LAU] Tube Open Movie Project

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Mon May 14 20:16:51 UTC 2012

Am 11.05.2012 20:59, schrieb Thomas Vecchione:
> Well since people were commenting on so many emails being written by one
> person, Ill toss out one by me, even if it is a bit of a plug:)  I
> apologize in advance if this is against the policy for the list, but I
> couldn't find where that gets spelled out anywhere.  Of course now that I
> have said that someone is likely to point out the blatantly obvious link I
> missed:)
>

> Tube is an open movie project being made with open source tools primarily
> (Not sure on the music, but the SFX definitely though I will likely be
> using LinuxDSP etc. plugins).  It has just a few more days left in it's
> funding drive, and while we hit the bare minimum goal, we are trying to
> reach $50k all together.  The goal is to release the video with all sources
> so that anyone can use them, and for my part this includes releasing the
> SFX sessions and source files, I will be recording all of them for this
> project for this purpose.  If anyone is interested you can find out more
> info at the Kickstarter page or help fund it possibly.
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1331941187/the-tube-open-movie

Amazing! The 3rd Kickstarterproject I saw in the last few weeks that
reached a sum by far beyond its initial goal!

I gave a humble donation to KDEnlive refactoring, that went over the top
as well and Laura Palmer beats everything I have seen so far:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/amandapalmer/amanda-palmer-the-new-record-art-book-and-tour?ref=live

more than 6 (!!) times the initial goal of 100K (...)

There is hope out there indeed....