[LAU] Favourite electronic drum kit?

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Mon May 21 05:04:08 UTC 2012

On 21/05/12 05:54, S. Massy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are a fair few electro kits available: hydrogen kits, SF, etc. I
> was wondering whether some of the people doing electro here had a pet
> one to recommend.

My go-to electronic kit is always the Hydrogen 909 kit -- it's such a
versatile starting point, despite being a bit of a cliche by now. I
think I ended up using it on three or four tracks from my RPM 2012 album.

The sounds on their own work well with a lot of electronic styles, but
processing them through some distortion plugins will give them a bit
more edge for industrial tracks, particularly that kick drum!

Thanks
Leigh