[LAU] denoising audio files

Ricardus Vincente wizardofgosz at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:31:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 22:36 -1000, david wrote:

> Audacity has a noise removal feature that lets you select a few seconds
> of what you consider noise, and identify that to the program as noise. A
> good spot for me is areas in a recording that are supposed to be silent
> but generally aren't if you're recording mic input live. Then you select
> the whole track and run the noise removal on it. Works well enough for me.

Have you seen the current state of NR plugins available for other
platforms these days? It is way beyond that.

I can always hear the artifacts that Audacity's NR plug leaves behind.

I have an ancient version of Sound Forge (so old it can not even import
anything except 16 bit files) and its NR plugins sound way better.

Rich...