[LAU] LAU Guide - Updates, Feature Suggestions, Testing

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue May 22 22:19:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been making some updates to the LAU guide at it's new home
http://linux-audio.com.

1: I have added Google ads as a temporary solution and made a few tweaks
to the content. In just a couple of days we have already received clicks
so that is a promising start. Adsense provides a breakdown of the
different sites so I will be able to keep track of how much income is
generated by this project and feed it back to the community as things
progress.

I want to make the site as interactive as possible so if anyone has
suggestions for new functionality that integrates the content we are all
creating into the LAU Guide which makes use of jquery, html5, A/V, etc...
that would be helpful. I'll attempt to make any components that are built
reusable for other sites. I am thinking that a good way to get things
moving is to use the ad revenue from Google to fund development of the
best ideas.

ex. soundcloud, myspace, open samples, software of the month, etc...

2: There is also a paypal donate button so if you feel like contributing
cash instead of elbow grease or brainwaves that option is now easily
accessible.

3: I have created a new account for "linuxaudio" at Pinterest and linked
to the facebook, twitter and pinterest pages on the home page now. Please
click the various "share" buttons and retweet as much as possible so we
can increase the SEO ranking and traffic.

I suggest that anyone else with a website should consider adding those
buttons to their pages so it is easy for readers to share information
across our channel.

4: I have only tested the recent changes with chrome because I am a bit
busy right now. So if anyone sees any layout issues with other browsers
please let me know.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd