[LAU] abcde troubles

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Fri May 25 10:10:34 UTC 2012

Hello everyone!
   I'm using Debian's abcde version 2.45.2 and it won't write files, when the
names contain anything beyond the normal ASCII characters - i.e. German
umlauts, French and Spanish accents. I've recently heard, that I'm not the
only one experiencing this problem, so I suppose, that it is a general
problem. There are no difficulties ripping the tracks, since the abcde.ID
directories will exist afterwards, holding files called track??.flac. It
doesn't matter if the extra characters are from the UTF-8 set or from one of
the ISO-8859-* sets.
   Is there a way to safely circumvent tat? My filesystem certainly doesn't
bother about all those characters and neither would I. At the moment I have to
substitue them for each ripped album and it's bloody annoying. :-(
   Any ideas are ver much appreciated.
   Warm regards
          Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;