[LAU] Digits VST for Linux

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat May 26 18:08:27 UTC 2012

On 05/26/2012 06:47 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
> On 05/26/2012 12:26 PM, Louis Gorenfeld wrote:
>> Hmm do you have all the libraries? It *should* work on Ubuntu 10 since
>> that's what I compiled it with. It's also a 32-bit .so, which I think
>> I initially failed to mention on my site. On Linux, I've only tested
>> it so far with Renoise, so maybe give it a shot there.
>>
>> I'm trying it right now with QTractor but it's greyed out in the
>> add-track menu with no error in the log. I'm probably doing something
>> wrong since this is the first time I've tried QTractor :)
>>

> Ah, my bad, it looks like QTractor doesn't support native Linux VST.
> Ardour3 does, but I get the error reported earlier.

works here ootb. (opensuse12.1 32bit)

note that you must install on one of the configured vst plugin search
paths (View/Options.../Plugins/Paths/VST); default are
"~/.vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst";

i'll also remind you that VST_PATH is conventional for native windowsVST
plugins (.dll) as indeed searched by dssi-vst; it's not used as a
default search path for native linuxVST plugins, from qtractor pov.

the DigitsVST install script suggests that you set
VST_PATH=/usr/share/digits; might work for renoise but then you should
also add /usr/share/digits to the above VST path list on qtractor
preferences

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela