[LAU] jack2 turned verbose

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:55:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 05/29/12 14:00, David Adler wrote:
>>
>> I might as well just use jack1, but then issues pop up with syncing
>> ardour and seq24 (which is probably seq24's fault, not jack's)
>

> Hello David,
>
> You might want to try seq24 from the Launchpad development (bazaar) branch.
> It contains a hack/fix to make seq24 work with
> jack1 > 0.118.x again.

Thanks Jeremy, indeed, when using the -bzr version, seq24 works with jack1.
I was aware of that version, but there are just so many combinations
to check :) (master/slave, jack1/jack2,  bzr/tarball).

The downside of jack1 here is, that ardour regularly gives up with the
"Jack has either been shutdown or it disconnected Ardour because Ardour
was not fast enough..." message popping up.
But that's another topic I've not investigated yet, I'd rather be able to use
jack2 again, which used to work fairly well.

best,
david