[LAU] MusE RtcTimer cannot set freq

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 10:23:37 UTC 2012

Hi Ralf,

2012/11/2 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
<...>

> 1. Muse does crash more often than very often ;).

That's sad to hear.
If you can give us any information how to identify these crashes I'd be
very grateful.

> 2. echo 3072 >/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/max_user_freq doesn't work, even for
> root it's not allowed.

MusE 2.0.1 brings up a popup if the timer it has aquired is to slow (I
think below 500hz frequency). If this doesn't happen I think you can leave
the timing errors for now.
I think Clemens suggested we use the Alsa timer in all cases anyway.

Still, if you want to examine this further there is this page:
http://muse-sequencer.org/index.php/Faq#Proper_timing_source
But I guess this information may be getting out of date too.

Regards,
Robert