[LAU] Something interesting about kernel 3.6.5-rt14

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Nov 3 10:32:21 UTC 2012

On 11/03/2012 10:40 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I noticed something interesting about kernel 3.6.5-rt14.

[..]

> Unfortunately it didn't solve xrun issues for the RME card. However,
> the kernel does switch to another IRQ for the graphics, for all other
> kernels on different distros, the graphics always gets IRQ18, also if I
> switch the integrated ATI with a Nvidia.

Hi, this is a long shot, but you might play around with the PCI bus
latency settings for different devices.. I.e. turn them down from the
default value and see if it helps at all. I'm no expert in this, so make
sure to read up on the subject.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PCI_Latency

Maybe some device (most probably a GPU or a NIC) holds on to the PCI bus
for too long..

Flo