[LAU] Something interesting about kernel 3.6.5-rt14

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Nov 3 12:43:27 UTC 2012

On 11/03/2012 01:24 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> With latency timer set to 0 nothing seems to be different, I already
> hear xruns while writing this mail. lspci does confirm that the RME
> card is set to latency 0, but the other cards still have higher values,
> so I set PCI Latency Timer (CLK) to the max [255]. No soundcheck,
> regarding to lspci it's more worse than before, so I'll reboot now and
> restore the default value [64] and then write a script as explained by
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PCI_Latency  .

http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=system_configuration#pci_bus_latency

Your RME card should have a high latency value and the rest should be
lower. This allows your RME card to hold on to the PCI bus for a longer
period of time (higher latency value = device can hold on to the bus for
a longer period of time).

Regards,

Jeremy