[LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Mon Nov 5 08:53:56 UTC 2012

On November 4, 2012 09:41:44 PM Len Ovens wrote:
> On Sun, November 4, 2012 4:20 pm, cullenspub wrote:
> > Tim,
> >
> > First thanks for the reply - I would love the be a test case.
> >
> > I checked out the latest trunk version (14), compiled it with default
> > options and gave it a try.  Still no Analog tab.  :(  The about tab shows
> > Envy Control 1.1.0.14.  Both the Monitor Inputs and Monitor PCMs tabs show
> > the text "(off)" under all the meters.  Is this expected?  Any other
> > thoughts?
>
> Yes, it is expected. The off means no signal has made a peak high enough
> to read. Once a signal is there it will read in -xx.x up to 0db as the
> peak signal since last reset. I find it odd that the Analog Volume is not
> there.

Yeah weird. I was thinking that since it works with my card as well and
 there's been no real complaints so far, that it would have worked
 hopefully with some ADC/DACs other than the usual company
 (I can't remember - the delta1010 ones).

If it doesn't turn out to be lack of ALSA controls in his case, my guess
 off the top of my head would be control naming issues -
 textual ALSA changes in nature ... ?

> It does sound like you can get audio out though. Do you have the
> Patchbay/Router tab? Does it show 10 outputs? (my d66 shows outputs 1-4
> and 9-10) but I found I got no output till I raised the analog controls
> either.
>
> Another program to try for trouble shooting is qasHctl which gives a list
> of everything ALSA found for your card in a tree like structure. On the
> right side select hw:Card and 0: or whatever card number you are using. On
> the left side under mixer see what is listed there. Anything with "multi
> Capture" or "multi Playback" in it is the monitor mixer. Look for other
> sets of 10.

Yes thanks, try to post some kind of list of the available ALSA controls.
What's that standard one that lists them all - is it amixer or alsactl or ...?

Hopefully will reveal something.

> I wonder if 1.1.* has fixed the profile saving...

How so?
I fixed one problem dealing with the wrong 'alsactl' (I think it's called)
 program location in Envy24 - saving should work universally now, I hope.

Thanks.
Tim.