[LAU] Envy24Control is missing the Analog Volume tab - need guidance...

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Nov 6 21:23:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, November 5, 2012 5:59 pm, cullenspub wrote:
> Tim E. Real wrote
>> If it doesn't turn out to be lack of ALSA controls in his case, my guess
>>  off the top of my head would be control naming issues -
>>  textual ALSA changes in nature ... ?
>> Yes thanks, try to post some kind of list of the available ALSA
>> controls.
>> What's that standard one that lists them all - is it amixer or alsactl
>> or
>> ...?
>>
>> Hopefully will reveal something.
>
> Tim,
> I have attached the full list of of controls from alsactl  asound.state
> <http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/file/n79158/asound.state>  .

Hey just found this little snip: (on
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-868710.html)

-----------------------8<---------------------
Found some help in
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt.
Added the following lines to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

install snd-ice1712 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-ice1712 && {
/sbin/modprobe -Qb snd-ice1712 ; }
options snd-ice1712 model=dsp24_value

Just copied the --ignore-install stuff from other lines, without really
understanding what all of that means.

It seems the ice1712 driver might like to be started with a variable...

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net