[LAU] What professional PCIe audio cards do work with Linux?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Nov 11 10:16:23 UTC 2012

Hi :)

I already asked on some lists about my RME HDSPe AIO card. I explicitly
bought this for Linux usage only in 2011, but never needed all
available channels until now. Now I notice that the card can't be used
for serious audio productions. At the moment I'm producing. It's very
time consuming and a lot of the things I need aren't available. The card
+ ADAT comes with 10 IOs, but only 4 can be used, so I only can loop in
one 19" reverb, already a help, but not enough for my needs.

Are there any professional PCIe audio cards that are working with Linux?
I'll ask this on several lists, perhaps somebody does know such a card
at least on one list.

Regards,
Ralf