[LAU] [ANN] Radium V1.9.1

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sun Nov 11 11:24:08 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 12:09 PM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:
> On 11.11.2012 12:00, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>> Does your cpu have sse instructions?
>>> (Hmm, I guess all 64 bit cpus have that)
>>>
>>> I'll download ubuntu lts and install it in virtualbox. I tried the
>>> non-lts
>>> version of ubuntu 12, and that worked, but lts seems to use an
>>> older version of Qt, and perhaps have other differences as well.
>>>
>> Ah, here we go. I was just being stupid:
>>

> Thank you!
> It seems like floorf crashes on your machine. (although I'm not
> entirely sure the line number is correct since it was compiled with -O3)
>
> Which CPU do you have?
>
> And why does this happen?
> Radium is compiled with "-O3 -mtune=generic -msse"
> Shouldn't that make it run on all CPUs that have sse instructions?

Find /proc/cpuinfo below. Sadly I don't know the reason for this crash..
Maybe Fons knows something as it's in the Zita-Code?

Flo

fps at olive:~/local/opt/radium64_dist$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x10000bf
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl
nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm
cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr cpb npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save pausefilter
bogomips        : 6026.08
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x10000bf
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 1
initial apicid  : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl
nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm
cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr cpb npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save pausefilter
bogomips        : 6026.53
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb

processor       : 2
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x10000bf
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 2
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 2
initial apicid  : 2
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl
nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm
cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch
osvw ibs skinit wdt nodeid_msr cpb npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save pausefilter
bogomips        : 6026.53
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 10
model name      : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T Processor
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x10000bf
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 512 KB