[LAU] What professional PCIe audio cards do work with Linux?

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:29:33 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> I already asked on some lists about my RME HDSPe AIO card. I explicitly
> bought this for Linux usage only in 2011, but never needed all
> available channels until now. Now I notice that the card can't be used
> for serious audio productions. At the moment I'm producing. It's very
> time consuming and a lot of the things I need aren't available. The card
> + ADAT comes with 10 IOs, but only 4 can be used, so I only can loop in
> one 19" reverb, already a help, but not enough for my needs.

The RME cards should work with Linux. I've used both PCI and PCIe HDSP
(36 channel I/O) and have never had any issues getting all of the
channels to work, although rarely use them all at once (usually just
the ADAT, which has 8 channels). The routing in the HDSP mixing app is
complicated, no question about that, if you don't you have your inputs
routed to the right outputs, you will get silence.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com