[LAU] CM6206 S/PDIF JACK input

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Nov 13 05:08:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, November 12, 2012 4:24 pm, Dan MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Len!
>
> Thanks for your reply but it seems like half an answer to me as you didn't
> tell me what to do with the output of arecord -L?
>
> I found a seemingly relevant thread on the LM forums where someone managed
> to get their SPDIF working under JACK by writing a custom ALSA config file
> but there wasn't quite enough hand-holding to get things working for me
> unfortunately. I have posted all the previously mentioned info on my
> device
> as well as the output of arecord -L to
>
> http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8898
>
> Thanks for your help Len and anyone else who can offer me any guidance
> here!

It does not look to me like you need a custom script. When you start jack
with hw:2 (qjackctl setup click the > next to the Interface setting and
select the one that says USB.) go to the connections window, select the
audio tab and click on the triangle beside system on the left side. what
do you see there? (hint you may not see s/pdif, but thats ok) It looks
like you should see lots of inputs... but one never knows. If there are
only two inputs, then you need to look at your alsamixer settings, if
there are more then you need to have audio going into spdif and keep
connecting inputs to the meter bridge till you see the needle moving. In
my case spdif is 9 and 10, but in yours it may be different.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net