[LAU] Statement from RME regarding to Linux

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:20:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Brett McCoy wrote:
>
>> How is this different from the majority of hardware vendors for which
>> there are open source drivers? Wacom has a similar policy, they give
>> the open source drivers acknowledgement (with a link) on their website
>> but don't provide direct support.
>
> But Wacom has two of its employees working in the linuxwacom project.
> In fact, the project itself was started by one of their employees.

That's true, but I don't think Wacom provides direct support, do they?
Not like nVidia does for their binary drivers.

Anyway, the point is a lot of companies won't provide support for
Linux but will just send people here :-)

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com