[LAU] Statement from RME regarding to Linux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 14 16:57:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 02:26 +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Most likely their support department just don't want to deal with Ralf
> Maldorf. Perhaps his reputation proceeds him ;-)

Very unlikely. Nearly nobody knows me, the man who replied isn't a Linux
expert himself. If they should know me at RME, while I don't think they
know me, than perhaps through other connections, but the Linux
community, perhaps Brauner -> Studio Mag -> RME or something similar
abstruse and I guess my reputation as engineer is unknown (most likely)
or very good :p and nobody cares about what I said on a Linux mailing
list. I doubt that they know my bad reputation I get from a hand full of
Linux people or good reputation from known engineers, while at least one
from LAU is VDT, so there are intersections, but anyway ... do you
really think they are talking about me ;). Also doubtful that those
Linux people have got a better reputation than I've got in Germany's
audio land ;).

Serious, you can assume that they don't know me and even if they should,
they won't care about my bad or good reputation and they would answer
you the same as they answered me.

I got the information that RME gives all needed information to ALSA
developers. If something is missing, I should write it to RME. They are
doing it since 10 years now.

Regards,
Ralf