[LAU] New music made with Linux: Proggy B.day 2 Q

Ken Dawson dawsonwu at rahul.net
Tue Nov 20 02:11:17 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 04:00 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>   Here's another merry, little tune. Well the original tune might be
> considered merry, but I can't stand the ear of it. :-) So I resolved a
> slight problem: there was no prog version and certainly none, that was
> set in a minor key. So that's it:
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/proggy_birthday_2_q.mp3
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/proggy_birthday_2_q.ogg

Julien,

This is brilliant!  I listened to it from the .ogg link, and it played
fine.  I sent the mp3 URL to a friend (a windows user), who is a prog fan
with an upcoming birthday, and thought I'd try listening to it to make
sure it'll play fine for him.  I got silence.  Not sure if others are
having this problem, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for making my day.

/ken