[LAU] Music made with Linux: spooky game soundtrack

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Wed Nov 21 11:59:38 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I know Halloween has passed now, but in the run-up to it I recorded a
track to be used as background music for a game being developed by a
friend of mine. It's a fun, lighthearted game, so I went with a "kooky"
feel rather than anything genuinely scary. You can hear it here:

http://pneuman.bandcamp.com/track/main-theme

or here, for the ogg-inclined:

http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/switchbreak/candygrappletheme.ogg

The harpsichord is Pianoteq, as is the piano in the bridge; the
theremin-like sound is a patch on my Waldorf Blofeld; and the tuba and
organ are both from the Fluid GM soundfont -- I wouldn't normally reach
for a GM sound set when looking for instruments, but in this case they
both worked really well. The random bits of percussion from SSO.

All sequenced and recorded in Ardour 3!

Thanks
Leigh