[LAU] looking for command-line/scriptable mastering software

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Thu Nov 22 09:45:15 UTC 2012

Julien Claassen <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:
> Hi Eric!
>   If you have any questions about Nama/Ecasound, just shoot! This
> weekend I will be a little busy, but when I'm in, I'll have a look
> for e-mail.

Thanks for the offer!  I haven't gotten a chance to look more closely
at Nama, but am thinking more about what I want based on my existing
workflow.

I like using makefiles because I can make small edits to code, and when
I run "make", it'll only rebuild the part of a project which changed.

To restate my original question:

  For editing audio files, I'd like a workflow similar to how I
  hack on C projects: I edit code and run "make".  I edit more
  code, and run "make" again...  Each invocation of "make" only
  builds the parts of the project that's changed in the past.

I also didn't realize this earlier: there is a lot of functionality
from SoX that have grown on me in the past few months which I've
grown very accustomed and dependent on :)

If I continue using SoX, I will definitely combine it with ecasound to
fill the gaps SoX has (e.g. LADSPA/LV2 support).