[LAU] [OT] LV2 control for hardware device

Moshe Werner moshwe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:11:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm writing this for a friend of mine.
This particular friend is a recording hardware developer that build several
preamps, EQ's, etc.
He is well known in the high end analog gear community and build tools for
the some pretty big names in the industry (e.g. Bob Katz).

So this friend and I were discussing a new hardware analog device with
digital control that he designed and I must say that his idea is pretty
good.
I asked him if it will be possible to control the device from a plugin and
got a negative answer, but he said he would be glad to offer information to
a developer interested in this kind of project.
I told him about Linux, Ardour and LV2 and he was very interested.
I proposed to him to contact the Linux Audio community and see if there is
anyone that would be interested to participate.

Basically the idea is to make an interface for his device in LV2 format.

I don't know how much (if any) money will be involved, so you will have to
discuss these matters with him directly.

Please understand that I cannot give his or the company's name at this time.

Anyone interested please contact me directly so I can give you more details.

Best regards,

Moshe Werner