[LAU] New music: Another short experiment

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Nov 29 21:51:24 UTC 2012

Hello everyone1
   This is my evil, little experiment. I was trying to coax some evil, heavy
sounds out of my NordLead3. I programmed a surprisingly strong rhythm patch
and a nice lead. So I fired up Nama, recorded the riff, put on some lead, a
little bass - one of my recent dubstep basses -, a small pad and another sound
from the presets. Then a spot of drums and we're good to go. On the synth
sounds, it's mainly just delay and a little filtering to unclutter the
frequencies a bit.
http://juliencoder.de/jb/evil_nl3.ogg
   I suppose, that it will rest there for a week or two. As you can hear, it's
a little rough around the edges. But I may use the idea in a real piece of
music later on. I was just so amazed at the sound and the way, that a sound
can lead you to ideas and a certain style of playing.
   Feedback as ever is warmly welcome.
   Kind regards
         Julien