[LAU] Portable/Touch devices Linux-friendly

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Nov 30 09:05:57 UTC 2012

On 11/29/2012 10:06 PM, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
> It looks fine. I guess someone somewhere sometime will get to put Linux into it.

I'm thinking of getting a Kindle Fire HD (drooling over the 8.9) but
more for portable non-music creation - writing stories, drawing.

I understand Ubuntu is working on a version for Android machines, which
I presume would include a rooted Kindle Fire HD.

> I've been fighting for quite some time with an UMPC that don't support
> Linux, and at least for once I would love to change some configure&fix
> time to just-play time.

Me, too! Holiday time too busy at work, plus upcoming family time. Have
two reggae songs languishing for need of more melody and perhaps being
integrated into one (since the lyrics of the second began as a revision
of the first).

At the moment, listening to various covers of "Put A Little Love In Your
Heart" - Annie Lennox & Al Green, Jackie DeShannon, Lulu. Now listening
to Dolly Parton's cover.

> Thanks, David.

You're welcome!

--