[LAU] Music made with Linux: Kaotik Samanyolu

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Thu Oct 4 17:59:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 01:04:53PM +0300, Ali Polatel wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Here is a cover of an old song whose singer passed away today...
> Sad coincidence, I was trying to play this song on my midi keyboard when I
> heard he is gone...
>
> mostly qtractor + whysynth
> Trying to learn those two...
> Comments, critics most welcome!
Nice little melody, cool sounds, and interestingly whacky interlude.
What's wanting here is some imagination in the mix and polishing of the
sounds and effects. The vocals could indeed have been more assertive,
but I also think they would have benefited greatly from being
double-tracked or at least have had a ping-pong delay on them. The
interlude fails to catch mostly because it's all happening in mono; if
you use panning and phasing, along with other effects and filters, you could
get something quite dynamic. In short, it's good, but it feels a little
unfinished.

Keep it up!

Cheers,
s.M.