[LAU] Mixer4 1.08 and Waveplayer 1.0

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:41:35 UTC 2012

Hi Grekim!

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Grekim Jennings
<grekimj at acousticrefuge.com> wrote:
> In case you missed it in LAA and have any interest...
>
> I am excited to announce the release of Mixer4 v 1.08 and Waveplayer
> 1.0.
>
> Waveplayer is a lightweight (16 KB in size) console-based .wav player
> using ALSA.  It allows you to choose start and stop playback points,
> and repeat playback or editing of those points.

I'm quite interested in waveplayer although I admit I've not tried it
yet as it doesn't sound like it quite fills my needs just yet.

Up until recently my main player has been moc but I've been having
numerous issues with it under Wheezy recently so I've switched to
Audacious but Audacious doesn't auto-detect ALSA/JACK/PA and I don't
really need a X11 UI - curses/text is good enough and preferred by me.
I've tried cmus but didn't like it.

So, is waveplayer going to remain just a wav player or might you
expand it to play wav, FLAC, ogg and MP3 (I need all 4 as a bare
minimum) and hopefully add sound system auto-detection too?

Does anyone know of any existing alternatives to moc that do all this?
I really don't need any other features from a audio player.