[LAU] Yamaha THR10 & recompiling kernel usb quirks etc

chris kennedy cobberdig at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 9 11:37:51 UTC 2012

Could someone point me in the right direction in setting this up perhaps you know some good tutorials somewhere?  I'm not sure exactly whats required do i need to patch the kernel or recompile the kernel is it worth compiling the lastest kernel from kernel.org 3.6.1 or do i modify my current kernel 3.2.0-23-lowlatency? I'm running ubuntu studio 12.04. Sorry i have nil experience with this sort of thing but i'm dead keen to get it working just need a few pointers to get started. Many thanks to Clemens for scripting this hopefully we can make it work.

Please try adding the following entry somewhere in sound/usb/quirks-table.h:

{
    USB_DEVICE(0x0499, 0x1507),
    .driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const struct snd_usb_audio_quirk) {
        /* .vendor_name = "Yamaha", */
        /* .product_name = "THR10", */
        .ifnum = QUIRK_ANY_INTERFACE,
        .type = QUIRK_COMPOSITE,
        .data = (const struct snd_usb_audio_quirk[]) {
            {
                .ifnum = 1,
                .type = QUIRK_AUDIO_STANDARD_INTERFACE
            },