[LAU] movie sound [Re: [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?]

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:05:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
> > They are wedded to their sound guy. I think he an Ton are good mates.
>
> The latest soundtrack was produced by a different composer.

Last I checked Jan is getting fairly busy, I talked to him much in a
while.  I have no idea why a different guy was used or not for the newest
one, honestly it doesn't really matter.  The end result is that Ton is
looking for results he can easily work with, and going with someone local
there makes much more sense.

He isn't looking to support Linux Audio with the BF movies.  However that
isn't to say he wouldn't be averse to working with the Linux Audio
community, provided he can feel confident it won't affect the results.

> > However maybe you missed that Thomas Vecchione  is doing the soundtrack
> > for the new "Tube" open movie project?
>
> He's doing sound *design*.

Sound Effect Design to be precise.  Jan is doing the music.

> > Given the number of very excellent video tutorials available for Blender
> > these days it's becoming embarrassing that we are not producing more AV
> > content.
>
> Exactly my point in the whole thread :)

I will not disagree.

        Seablade