[LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 15:41:06 UTC 2012

On 12/10/12 22:34, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I'm fine with using shell scripts to start a session. The only thing I'm
> missing is a light weight WM/DE that is able to restore Windows sizes,
> positions and on what workspace they should appear.

if you want to script that as well then wmctrl can come in handy, its a debian
package, it talks to xfce and many others. The biggest hassle is that sometimes
you need to put a few waits into scripts to allow windows to get made before you
move them, and some applications can be a bit unpredictable here.