[LAU] kobo [was: Re: [LAD] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?]

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Sun Oct 14 00:02:41 UTC 2012

On Sunday 14 October 2012, at 00.46.21, "Patrick Shirkey"
<pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
> On Sun, October 14, 2012 5:50 am, David Olofson wrote:
[...]
> [...]
[...]

> That''s preety damn tight!

Thanks! :-)

> "Title Song" is verging on dubstep. Pretty clever angle.

Haven't really thought of that. The kids are getting to my brain...! :-D

I've basically just been thinking in terms of the sound of C64, Amiga and
arcade games from back in the day, reimplemented it over what is essentially
an emulation of a few dozen SID chips with per-voice MCUs, and added whatever
other influences that seemed to fit.

You might say I'm exploring the connections between the 8-bit era and modern
styles that most of the "kids" are too young to actually see. ;-)

> Make sure you share these tracks on the soundcloud linux group so people
> listening to the stream get to hear them.
>
> http://soundcloud.com/groups/linux
>
> In case it's not obvious, you have to click the "share" button for each
> track not just join the group :-)

Done! Thanks for the suggestion. :-)

--
//David Olofson - Consultant, Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate

.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.
|   http://consulting.olofson.net          http://olofsonarcade.com   |