[LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 19:38:57 UTC 2012

> Out of curiosity, how is it related?
>
> Or do you mean to say the usual "IT WILL FAIL, BECAUSE I TOLD YOU SO"
> nonsense?

MS were undoubtedly the king of the computing hill when Vista (and 7) got
released so they could afford to release a turkey back then. Since then,
Android and iOS have took over the mobile world, Linux has gained ground in
many areas, MS has less geek cred and fanbois than ever and Win 8 has
widely been panned by the tech press and by the lesser technically inclined
too - all this when MS really needed something sh*t hot to rescue their
visibly failing empire.

Defend Win8 all you want but I see its release as a Godsend for other OSs -
mainly Apple/iOS but Linux and Android are going to benefit greatly out of
this trainwreck too.