[LAU] Solution for jackd2 and dbus without X session

Mark Kendrick aeetos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:37:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
> On 10/23/2012 09:44 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>>
>> On 10/23/2012 06:19 PM, Mark Kendrick wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah yes, The Bus Error. Odd that it still persists. For what it's
>>> worth, that's accompanied by a bunch of kernel messages about memory
>>> alignment if you look at dmesg or kern.log. Regardless, the only way I
>>> got around it was with Arch. I suspect it will be worked out by
>>> someone soon under Raspian but it's not there yet.
>>>

>>> --Mark
>>

>> Dumped Arch on an SD card and JACK is now running with the onboard
>> soundcard. Thanks Mark!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jeremy
>>

> Grrrr, and then it stopped working....
>
> Failed to acquire device name : Audio0 error : Connection ":1.6" is not
> allowed to own the service "org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1.Audio0" due to
> security policies in the configuration file
>
> While I did add the lines to /etc/dbus-1/system.conf and rebooted. Guess I'm
> overseeing something again. I did do a reinstall though.

Are you logged in under a different user? Those lines only grant
access to the root user. I'd suggest you check to be sure they still
refer to the same device name, and that they match the user you're
logged in as. Also make sure to restart the dbus service after your
changes.

Someone who knows dbus better than I could probably recommend a better
place to put the permission changes. Might need to do some research on
that.

--Mark