[LAU] Fairlight

Kaza Kore dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:16:33 UTC 2012

> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 20:57:10 -0700
> From: len at ovenwerks.net
> To: looplog at gmail.com
> CC: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Subject: Re: [LAU] Fairlight
>

> On Tue, October 23, 2012 8:14 pm, michael noble wrote:
> > This hasn't come up on list yet. It seems Fairlight's new flagship
> > workstations are Linux based:
> >
> > http://au.fairlight.com.au/product/quantum/technical/
>
> And yet "Full integration of VST plug-ins and instruments". I suppose that
> could be "full integration of the ones that work".
>
> It would be interesting to find out more.
>
> Not that I have any VST plug-ins to play with :)

The Lionstracs I mentioned in the other mail also states the same. Probably more related in this discussion.

"
Beyond Standards
        Virtual instruments and effects that you are used to from the
 studio, should not be missing on the road. Copy your VST plugins from
MS Windows onto your instrument and load them with the dedicated VST
control interface, directly from the touchscreen.
        Analogue to any other sound engine in your instrument, your
VSTi plugins are assigned to the instrument's patch selector pads,
allowing to switch among your VST instruments quckly during your live
performance.
        Besides the virtual instruments, you can assign a chain of
VST effect plugins to each instrument. When switching among your VST
instruments, the respective chains of VST effects are automatically
restored along to the virtual instrument."
and also ASIO applications from Windows:
"
Windows ASIO applications
        Even though the Lionstracs instruments are not MS Windows
computers, they can host all your Windows audio applications for you.
This is especially handy for virtual studio tools that are not available
 as VST plugins. Thanks to an efficient implementation of the ASIO audio
 interface standard, your ASIO applications can even reach lower
latencies on the Groove OS than under MS Windows.
        Each Lionstracs instrument provides 10 ASIO app hosts, that
is you can run up to ten Windows ASIO apps simultaniously and
immediately switch among them during live performance with the
instrument selector pads on the touch screen and by the sound selector
buttons on the chassis. All MIDI and audio connections to your ASIO
application are automatically established by the Groove OS for you, so
your favourite Windows audio applications are automaticallly, seamlessly
 integrated into the overall system of your Lionstracs instrument,
allowing them to utilize all features of your Lionstracs instrument,
e.g. applying the builtin audio effects.
        Integrating another Windows ASIO application in your
instrument, doesn't need more than copying the software onto your
instrument and selecting the executable (.exe) file from the dedicated
ASIO control interface, again directly by the integrated touchscreen."
From: http://www.lionstracs.com/groove/
Surely there is no way they can truly claim to be able to handle all and everything when nobody else seems to have managed that at home. Leaving themselves open for lawsuits of false advertising??
Dale.