[LAU] Segfault using zita-j2a

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Oct 26 11:57:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:27:32PM +0200, Jannis Achstetter wrote:

> I tried alsa_loopback from zita-alsa-pcmi this morning (as
> "./alsa_loopback hw:1 hw:1 48000 2048 10"). No errors, no crashes, but
> no output on the soundcard. Last line printed is "synced". However, the
> documentation is sparse so I didn't know what all these parameters are
> for and guessed most of them.

It's just a little app to show the API to programmers, and to test
if a soundcard works with the library. It just loops back the first
two inputs to the first two outputs.

> The ajbridge has the same problem. There's the quality-parameter that
> defaults to "48" but that's all I get to know about it. No value range,
> no indication whether 0 is better or worse than 1000. You could add some
> hints to the readme ;)

Will do.

The 'quality' parameter has a range of 16 to 96, it sets the length of
the multiphase filter used for resampling, 48 will be OK in most cases.
CPU load by the resampler is roughly proportional to this value. Full
story in zita-resampler/docs/index.html.

Ciao

--
FA