[LAU] gmorgan .57 sample on youtube

Robert Vogel vogel at ct.metrocast.net
Mon Oct 29 20:15:59 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 08:05 AM, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:

> 2012/9/28 Robert Vogel <vogel at ct.metrocast.net
> <mailto:vogel at ct.metrocast.net>>
>

>     A sample of gmorgan .57 is on youtube:
>
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sguIcAJ4h_U&feature=youtu.be
>
>     Bob

> Very instructive, Bob. We'll try to link this demo on Musix wiki.
>
> Would love to see more, specially if there's any mode of auto-comping
> given just one or two midi notes, like one that I like specially from
> Yamaha.
> (don't remember exactly, but something like this):
>
> * note N: X (M) chord
> * note N + any black key below: N Maj7
> * note N + any white key below: N 7
> * note N + any ...: N m
>
> --
> Carlos sanchiavedraz
> * Musix GNU+Linux
> http://www.musix.es

Hi Carlos,

There are a couple of ways to make playing easier... try these:

* If you are left handed, try the 'Funny Keyboard', which allows you to
specify the chord and extensions with your mouse.
utils->keyb brings up the funny keyboard.
Right mouse click a note for a Maj 7
Left mouse click for a m7
Shift Left mouse click for 7
Shift Right mouse click for a 6
Ctrl Left mouse click for a m7(b5)
Ctrl Right mouse click for a sus4
Ctrl/Alt/Left mouse click +7
Ctrl/Alt/Right mouse click dim7

* For right handed people, use your left hand on the computer keyboard,
following the instructions (below),
your right hand is free to play a melodic line while left hand points to
chords with the computer's keyboard. (I have my keyboard
on top of my desk, and the computer keyboard is on a pullout just below it.)

(from the change notes)
utils -> selector panel has an added
accordian feature. When this panel has
focus, the computer keyboard is analogous
to an accordian keyboard. You can play
chords (major, minor, 7ths, diminished)
using your left hand while continuing to
play melodic lines on your midi keyboard
with your right hand. It only works
if the selector window is active.

The computer keyboard is mapped this way:
1 = Cdim7
q = C7
a = Cmaj7
z = Cm7

2 = Ddim7
w = D7
s = Dmaj7
x = Dm7

If you press the shift key, changes to #.

Try it and see if one of those techniques does the job. Let me know if
these are not sufficient.

Bob Vogel