[LAU] debian wheezy vs pulseaudio vs jackdbus

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 06:23:30 UTC 2012

2012/10/30 Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com>

> >> There is no jackdbus on debian wheezy, just "jackd" or "jackd2".
> >

> > jackdbus is in debian wheezy and it comes with jackd2 package.
> >

> http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&arch=any&mode=path&searchon=contents&keywords=jackdbus
> >

> You're correct. When I looked yesterday I had jackd and jackd2. Today I
> have jackd and jackdbus instead.
>
> No wonder people get confused about how to get this stuff working.
>
> What possible reason is there to have jackd and jackd2 *or* jackd and
> jackdbus ?

It's been a long time I have both installed from official repos...

> The former must be for jack1 package and the later for the jack2 package
> but why would there even be a jackd2 option for the jack1 package? It's
> completely redundant.
>
> And why isn't a jackd2 option installed with the jack2 package?

I am confused, can't understand what's the matter with jackd and/or jackd2
but remember that ubuntu != debian, they do not share same repos and they
are not supposed to work with each other ones.

Probably the dbus stuff needs some tweaking on his debian system (eg.
feedesktop config in /usr/share/polkit-1/* )

regards
-r

--
*L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata
all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti, alla